Monday, February 29, 2016

Talks and Ships and Things

Today has been interesting indeed. 

Lightning Talks

All of the groups in the course did short presentations in class today. As I understood, they were to cover three key points:

  • What we have done
  • Where we are at
  • Where we are going
The goal was to have determined an issue within our project to begin working on, and to have a plan of action to start.

These presentations were enlightening, as they helped me to get a clearer picture of the progress that the other groups have made thus far and how the work has been. They also highlighted some major differences in the projects that the groups are doing, which will be something to think about moving forward.

Abandon ship?

Towards the end of class, Dr. Jadud raised a compelling thought for those of us in the OpenMRS team. As the process thus far has been so troubling, some people working on OpenMRS have expressed interest in the possibility of switching to a different project. Dr. Jadud openly supported the idea of switching, and any groups have until Spring Break (Friday) to determine whether or not they would like to switch.

I myself have not completely given up hope on OpenMRS, but I am considering it. With so many problems in such a gigantic and varied project, I wonder if I may find work on another project to be more fulfilling. 

I'm considering it, but we will have to see how the week progresses.

-Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment