Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Ol' Switcheroo

The tables turned truly this time.

Alliteration is cool. Like bow-ties and fezzes...

Anyways, back to it. As I was saying, there have been some big changes recently. 

Following an uneventful 'SPRANG BREAK' there was a total dissolution of the Software Engineering class' OpenMRS team. We have unanimously decided that it is our best interests to pursue work in other projects for the duration of the term.

I am elated.

The Future

The group has split and taken several different paths. Some of us are joining existing groups that have already been working on their project.

Others of us have chosen differently.

Introducing...The Transterpreter

Sounds very exciting, right? This project is somewhat beyond my understanding in its totality at the moment, however it may be summed up in one word: Parallel. It is a piece of software that allows for concurrency on platforms such as the Arduino.

Don't expect too much depth here. This is about all I have in memory from class discussions on Monday. Perhaps I should have done this sooner. Perhaps.

As a first step, we are pursuing the development of an Atom plugin for the Transterpreter. Atom is pretty sweet, and we are looking forward to exploring this space and digging deeper.

-Craig

P.S. Where are my manners? This royal 'we' I have been using throughout consists of Zach Ball, Austin Farmer, and myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment